Since our inception in 1969, Taylor's University has gained significant recognition as a leading private education institution. Our exhaustive list of accolades range from national to international - testimony to our unwavering commitment towards excellence in teaching and learning.
- Taylor’s University inked its first international Academic Collaboration with the IIAS-School of Management (India). As part of this Academic Collaboration, the dual-award Bachelor of International Hospitality Management (Hons) will be offered from August 2016 to IIAS students, who will be awarded the Bachelor Degrees from both Taylor’s University and our academic partner of 30 years, the University of Toulouse, France. The students will also have the option to articulate to complete the final year of the degree at Taylor’s after two years of studies at IIAS.
- Taylor's Bachelor of Laws degree received recognition from the Malaysian Legal Profession Qualifying Board, allowing its students to apply to sit for their Certificate of Legal Practice (CLP) examinations on completion of their law degree at Taylor’s University. This accomplishment comes a year after the degree programme received full accreditation from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- A team of four Taylor’s Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Culinology® students made Taylor’s and the country proud by becoming the first and only team outside of North America to be named champion of the 2016 Research Chefs Association (RCA) Student Culinology® Competition.
- Taylor’s University was named the Gold recipient in the Private University / College Category for the sixth consecutive year in the annual Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand award ceremony. The award was presented by YB Minister in the Department, YB Puan Hajjah Nancy Shukri during the ceremony, which was held in Kuala Lumpur.
- Taylor’s University made it to the top 200 university in Asia, moving up more than 20 places to be listed as no 179. Taylor’s is also ranked no. 29 among ASEAN universities and Malaysia’s top private university among non-GLC linked private universities.
- During the 2016 Putra Brand Awards ceremony recently, Taylor’s University brought home the Gold award in the “Education & Learning” category. This marks the seventh year that Taylor’s has been named the sole recipient of the award.
- Taylor’s University has also received another international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) when it was awarded 5-Star in five (5) categories of the QS Stars Rating namely, Teaching, Employability, Facilities, Internationalisation and Inclusiveness. QS Stars Rating is another important milestone for Taylor’s University as it measures the university’s achievement against other top universities worldwide.
- Taylor’s University cemented a strategic partnership with University Malaysia Terengganu, a collaboration that was initiated by the Ministry of Education (MOE). This Public Private Partnership (PPP) is a flagship programme to allow public and private institutions to cooperate in efforts to strengthen the higher education landscape in Malaysia for the next three years.
- Taylor’s University is the first university outside the United States to be accepted into the Grand Challenges Scholar Program, championed by National Academy of Engineering (NAE) to guide future engineers who have the desire to change the world and work on projects affecting our quality of life.
- Taylor’s University’s is listed among the top 250 universities in Asia in the QS Asia Ranking. This achievement is an important milestone for Taylor’s as a young, dynamic and ambitious university, in line with our aim of becoming one of Asia’s leading universities. It is also testament to the university’s global reputation among the academic partners and employers, its research output, faculty-student ratio and achievement in internationalization.
- In order to attract more global learners to the University, Taylor’s University has launched 25 unique summer programmes. Taylor’s is the first private institution in Malaysia to introduce a comprehensive range of Summer Programmes. The programme was officially launched by the Minister of Education II during World Fest 2015 on June 5th, 2015.
- During the same event, the 5-year ‘Global Strategic Plan’ to help us achieve the target of 30 per cent international students by 2020 was launched by the YB Minister of Education II too.
- Taylor’s University received another international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) - 5-Star in four (4) categories of the QS Stars Rating namely, Employability, Facilities, Internationalisation and Inclusiveness. QS Stars rating measures the university’s achievement against other top universities worldwide. This achievement is a testament to its global reputation among the academic partners and employers, our world-class facilities, our achievement in internationalisation and our proven track record in making quality education affordable.
- Taylor’s University was named the Gold award recipient in the Private University/ College Category of the Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Awards for the fifth consecutive year.
- Taylor’s University also was named the Gold recipient in the Putra Brand Awards 2015. Taylor’s University is the only Gold award winner in the “Education & Learning” category, and has been so for the past 6 years.
- Lim Chee Leong, Head of the e-Learning Academy (eLA), InTeLLeCT at Taylor’s University made history yesterday after he was awarded Anugerah Akademik Negara (AAN) 2013 in the Kategori Anugerah Pengajaran (Kelompok Sains Gunaan) for his innovative teaching methodologies.
- Taylor’s University Career Services Centre has received recognition from leading employers through the inaugural award initiated by TalentCorp in partnership with gti Media as the Most Resourceful Career Centre (Private University) during the Malaysia's 100 Leading Graduate Employers 2014 Awards Ceremony held in Kuala Lumpur recently.
- School of Architecture and Design sweeps three awards and a full five-year accreditation at the 18th Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS) Conference 2014 in Hong Kong.
- Taylor’s University once again bagged the Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award in the Private University/ College Category for the fourth consecutive year as voted by consumers in an award ceremony that was held in Kuala Lumpur. The award was presented by Y.B. Senator Datuk Paul Low Seng Kuan, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Taylor’s University bags Gold in the Putra Brand Awards 2014. Taylor’s University is the only Gold award winner in the “Education & Learning” category, and has been so for the past 5 years.
- Taylor's University was conferred the Silver Award for Best International Website Page 2013 at the 9th QS-APPLE (Quacquarelli Symonds - Asia-Pacific Professional Leaders in Education) conference and exhibition that was held in Seoul, Korea from October 30th till November 1st, 2013.
- Taylor's University, Malaysia’s leading private institution of higher learning, has won the Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award in the Private University / College Category for the third consecutive year.
- Taylor's University was the only educational institution honored with a “Putra Brand Icon” award during the recent 2013 Putra Brand Awards presentation ceremony. Taylor's University was also awarded the “Gold” award in the “Education & Learning” category for the fourth consecutive year.
- Taylor’s University made history in the education sector as the first and only university to be awarded the “Tier 6: Outstanding” rating in the recent D-SETARA rating exercise by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Taylor’s University was once again recognised for the quality of its undergraduate teaching and learning when it when it was accorded the ‘Tier 5: Excellent’ in the Rating System for Malaysian Higher Education 2011 (SETARA) from the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE).
- The Taylor's University brand has once again proven that it is a favourite with Malaysians when it comes to higher learning. For the third year in a row, Taylor's bagged the Gold in the "Education & Learning" category, at the Putra Brand Awards 2012 held recently. Taylor's University is the only Gold Award winner in the category.
- Taylor's University, Malaysia's leading private institution of higher learning, has won the Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award in the Private University / College Category yet again. The award presentation ceremony that was held at the Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur witnessed Taylor's University bagging the prestigious award for the second consecutive year.
- Taylor's University is proud to announce that its Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Mr Pradeep Nair, has been conferred the "Education Leadership Award" by the World Education Congress, in recognition for his outstanding leadership and contributions in the field of higher education.
- The landscape features, which were designed to demonstrate the success of a sustainable campus, has caught the eye of Institute of Landscape Architects Malaysia (ILAM) and awarded the Special Honour Award under Category 3: Professional Awards in Landscape Design and Planning at the Malaysia Landscape Architecture Awards (MLAA) 2012. The awards honour the best in landscape architecture from various aspects of the industry. The landscape architect responsible for Taylor's University Lakeside Campus is Praxcis Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Catching the eye of the Pertubuhan Arkitek Malaysia (PAM) Award jury members recently, who cited the design as a "masterful integration of the lake with the campus building – an inspiring place for learning", the Taylor's Lakeside Campus was awarded the Gold Award in Category 5 (Education). The architect and builders behind the Taylor's University Lakeside Campus are NKWA Architects Sdn. Bhd. and Ehsan Bina Sdn. Bhd.
- Taylor's University bags Gold in the Private University/ College Category in Reader's Digest Trusted Brands Award 2011. With the aim to identify brands in Asia that have gained prominence and confidence among consumers, Reader's Digest Asia's Trusted Brands Awards are determined through a survey that is carried out in eight key markets in Asia, namely China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines, among 8,000 consumers for 43 categories per country.
- Taylor's won the Gold award in the prestigious Putra Brand Awards in the Education & Learning Category for two consecutive years in 2010 and 2011. The Putra Brand Award, dubbed as The People's Choice, measures brands by consumer preference through consumer research.
- Taylor's has been rated as 'Tier 5: Excellent' by the Ministry of Higher Education in the 2009 MQA Rating System for Malaysian Higher Education Institutions (SETARA ’09) announced on July 13, 2010. This acknowledgement is truly a feather in our cap.
- Taylor's was awarded Gold Award in the Education and Learning category at the inaugural Putra Brand Awards 2010, a consumer research that measures the most preferred brand in Malaysia.
- For the second time in a row, Taylor's University has been voted the "Most Popular Private College/University in Malaysia" in 2009.
- Brand Excellence Award (Services) - Industry Excellence Awards 2008 by Ministry of International Trade & Industry (MITI), Malaysia.
- GTI Students' Choice Awards 2008 - Most Popular Educational Institution.
- Industry Excellence for Education Award 2008 (First Runners-up) from Malaysia Canada Business Council.
- BrandLaureate Award 2006/2007 for brand excellence in the Education industry.
- Taylor's College upgraded to University College by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia, for our unwavering commitment towards excellence in teaching and learning.
- Excellence in Research and Development Award, awarded by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- First in Malaysia to be awarded the Cambridge International Fellowship Centre by the University of Cambridge International Examination Syndicate.
- Enterprise 50 Award from SMIDEC (Small and Medium Industries Development Corporation), in recognition of our global competitiveness.
- Listed as a top private institution of higher learning in Malaysia in a survey by The Star, based on academic reputation, good facilities, and conducive environment.
- Small-to-Medium Sized Enterprise of the Year 2004 Award from the Malaysia Australia Business Council for the University of Technology Sydney - Taylor's Business Degree programme.
- Industry Excellence for Education Award 2004 and the Canadian High Commissioner Award 2004 from the Malaysia Canada Business Council.
- National Creativity & Innovation Award 2004 for ‘Outstanding Brand Building' by Malaysia Design Technology Center.
- Certificate of Merit in the NPC Productivity Award 2003, by The National Productivity Centre.
- Special Award from the Private Education Department, Ministry of Education.