The Life Skills Facilitator takes an active role in effectively delivering and facilitating impactful Life Skills modules as per the University’s standards of excellence. He / She is required to be energetic, engaging, creative and is comfortable in sharing personal and corporate life experiences to students while facilitating the classroom.
The individual should be a self-starter, proactive, positive and is able to bring in liveliness into a classroom setting through the creation of positive and supportive learning atmosphere. He / She will also need to be able to create a safe and open environment where students are able to share and express their thoughts and feelings. Facilitation will be done using the experiential learning methodology and in a flipped classroom setting where participation and discussion is encouraged while delivering learning in an exciting and non-traditional manner.
The Life Skills Facilitator will work specifically for Student Development to plan, direct and execute facilitation roles for the required University Life Skills modules, and look into key administrative matters related to the present and future state of these modules.
An important part of the Life Skills Facilitator is to undertake the direction and execution of the teaching and learning as below:
- Incorporate and emphasize self-reflection in and on action that creates more self-aware students.
- Create hands on classroom activities and simulations that would make learning more fun, exciting, comprehensible, meaningful and impactful.
- Able to engage with millennials by probing them further with participation and involvement in a classroom environment.
- Be a practitioner of what is being taught to students ie we cannot give what we don’t have / don’t know.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee the design and delivery of the Life Skills Modules to create students that are more self-aware and socially competent, contributing to future ready graduates.
Lead the initiation and implementation of new teaching and learning initiatives through experiential learning and flipped classroom, and ensure modules are executed according to the prescribed learning outcomes with clear establishment of objectives.
Facilitate learning in a non-traditional manner with the goal of nurturing and developing self-learning and self- reflecting students.
Constantly evaluate and appraise their own teaching methods and ensure lessons are comprehensible to students while ensuring the quality of teaching.
Maintains comprehensive, accurate and thorough documentation on key administrative issues pertaining to the modules taught ie students’ attendance, grading etc
Coach and counsel students in the areas of life skills and emotional well-being, in and outside of the classroom as and when needed.
Establishes contact with local / international experts, thought leaders and potential speakers to solicit their support by inviting them as guest lectures to add value to the subjects being taught.
Lead benchmarking on best practices and issues pertaining to teaching and learning initiatives that would engage millennials through application it in modules that are taught.
Undertake research activities with the outcome of writing and producing papers which can be published or presented in conferences etc
Other duties assigned which can help in further developing and growing the development of life skills and emotional well-being avenues in the University.
JOB SPECIFICATIONKEY COMPETENCIES
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
- Passionate for learning and the learners. Is a lifelong leaner and practitioner of life skills
- Strong and energetic facilitation skills – have good stage presence, energy and are able to inspire and motivate learners to remain engaged.
- Positive coaching skills – able through effective questionings to help students discover an answer / solutions for themselves.
- Results oriented – attention to detail and ensures quality of work is high and consistent.
- Multi-skilled – possesses good planning and organizing skills; able to coordinate project and manage events.
- Problem solving and analytical skills – able to identify and respond to problems appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Able to develop fun and exciting activities to supplement teaching based on the needs of the programme.
- Able to analyse and interpret the needs of students and offer appropriate solutions.
- Have strong and proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with students, and liaise with people in all positions.
- Handles general tasks independently and able to work well in a team – flexible and adaptable when collaborating projects.
- Able to maintain records systematically in a way that is accessible to others.
- Have competent communication, listening and facilitation skills, is technologically savvy and able to incorporate various tools to engage students in a classroom setting.
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualification
- Degree in Psychology / Education / Communications / Business / Coaching or related discipline. (Masters in the said Degree / Certification in Coaching is also preferable)
- At least five (5) years of training / teaching experience preferably with a broad range of academic / student development functions in an educational institution or experiences in personal development training, learning and development.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge of personal development and team development components
- Licensed tools for training and coaching or other equivalent areas
- Generation Y and Millennial Generation understanding
- In-depth understanding of personality assessments, SMART Goals, emotional intelligence, mindfulness and ways to develop critical thinking skills
- Effective and energetic coaching / facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills (including listening), good English proficiency and excellent writing skills.
- Technology savvy
- Life coaching skills and techniques (preferable)
- Navigate emotions while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with students and staff
- Possess good organisational and coordination skills with ability to plan, manage and facilitate several activities/events simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to and work in a team environment
- Ability to work on own initiatives and operate to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to create/generate new ideas
- Ability to prepare reports and draft routine correspondence
- Has a strong sense of life purpose and clear personal mission statement
- Goal and purpose driven
- Value driven and principle centric
- Trustworthy and has a strong sense of responsibility.
- Active listener and probing questioner
- Can adapt approach based on the personality of the participants; vs. only a single style of teaching
- Effective team player
- High personal and professional standards of excellence
- Independent, accountable and takes ownership.
- Passionate in developing student to success
- Adaptable and Creative
- Committed to their own ongoing personal growth and holistic health (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual)
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good team player
- Cheerful, energetic and shows enthusiasm
- Has good working attitude
- Pro-active, mature and resourceful
For more information or to apply, please email to: Life.email@example.com