Taylor’s Career Profiler is powered by ACT Profile. It is a first-of-its-kind college and career planning tool that is built on more than 30 years of research and backed by more than 130 million inventories delivered worldwide. The profiler assesses students’ interest, abilities, and values to help them identify possible areas of study and career paths. It is also fashioned after popular social networking sites, so that students can share their results with course and career counsellors at Taylor’s University.
The 3 Inventories:
- The Interest Inventory helps students discover their interest regardless of their skills.
- The Abilities Inventory helps students to identify their strengths by assessing what skills they already have and what they may need to acquire in order to achieve their career goals.
- The Values Inventory allows students to reflect on the criteria they look for when deciding on a career.
The results are represented by 2 maps:
- The Majors Map identifies relevant majors based on the students’ self-reported interest.
- The Career Map combines the students’ interest, abilities, and values to help them identify possible career paths that they might want to pursue.