The University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol, U.K.
- The University of the West of England, Bristol or affectionately called Bristol UWE is one of the most popular universities in the U.K. with a lively intellectual and social mix.
- The history of the University goes as far back as 1595, representing a long and well established tradition of first class professional education and training.
- The Department of Screen Media and Journalism is part of the Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education. It has a reputation for high quality teaching informed by the latest research and featured in the top ten of UK universities for student satisfaction in their courses in journalism, film, media and cultural studies.
- The Department also partners some of the most innovative and prestigious cultural organisations in Bristol such as the BBC, Watershed Media Centre, the Pervasive Media Studio and the Festival of Ideas.
- It also sponsors Encounters International Short Film Festival and Compass Film Festival. These organisations offer master-classes and careers advice to give greater insight into the creative industries.