|Professor Dr Patrice Francois Boursier
Ph.D Computer Science, University Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6), France
M.Sc Computer Science, University Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6), France
BSc. Computer Science, University Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6), France
- Database Systems and Advanced Databases
- Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Research Methodology
- Thesis Writing
- Big Data Management
- Spatial and Spatio-Temporal Databases
- Data Fusion / Integration
- Personalized Information Management
- Data Quality / Data Cleansing
- Cyber Security
Research Grants Awarded
- A Functional Approach to Data Analysis and Visualization of Large Data Sets. Connect2SEA, European Commission (October 2014, 3 day seminar, RM 25,000)
- Data Analysis and Visualization of Large Data Sets. IUMW Internal Research Grant (RM 50,000 in 2014, RM 45,000 in 2015-2016, RM 65,000 in 2016-2017).
- A Functional Approach to Data Analysis and Visualization of Large Data Sets. FRGS Grant (2014-2016, RM 94,000).
Publications / Patents
- Imen Bizid, Nibal Nayef, Patrice Boursier, Antoine Doucet, Sami Faiz. “Learning the Behavior of Microblog Users for Prominent Users Prediction over Crisis Events Phases”. Information Systems, Elsevier, 2017.
- Kelly Wee Kheng Soon, Chong Aik Lee and Patrice Boursier. “A Study of the Determinants Affecting Adoption of Big Data Using Integrated Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) and Diffusion of Innovation (DOI) in Malaysia”. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14-1, pp. 17-47, 2016.
- Kelly Wee Kheng Soon, Chong Aik Lee and Patrice Boursier. “A Chronology of Big Data Adoption: Review of Literature”. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14-1, pp. 521-544, 2016.
- Imen Bizid, Nibal Nayef, Patrice Boursier, Sami Faiz, Antoine Doucet. “Identification of Microblogs Prominent Users during Events by Learning Temporal Sequences of Features”. 4th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2015), Oct 19-23, 2015, Melbourne, Australia.
- Imen Bizid, Nibal Nayef, Patrice Boursier, Sami Faiz, Jacques Morcos. Real-time Detection of Prominent Users during Specific Events by Learning On- and Off-topic Features of User Activities. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2015), Paris, France, August 25-28, 2015.
- Imen Bizid, Patrice Boursier, Frederic Rousseaux, Sami Faiz. “A Classification Model for the Identification of Prominent Microblogs Users during a Disaster”. 12th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM 2015), 24-27 May 2015, Kristiansand, Norway.
- Wong S.M., Lafaye J.Y., Boursier P. “Capturing Domain-Imposed Requirements Based on Basic Research Findings”. Business Process Management, Theory and Applications Series: Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer Link, Vol. 444, 2013.
- Bizid I., Faiz S., Boursier P., Che Mustapha J. “Integration of Heterogeneous Spatial Databases for Disaster Management”. 7th International Workshop on Semantic and Conceptual Issues in GIS (SeCoGIS 2013). Hong Kong, 11-13 November 2013.
- Che Mustapha J., Mohd Su’ud M., Boursier P., Alam M. “Information Fusion via Integrated Metadata using Hybrid Ontology”. Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology, Malaysia, January 2013.
- Alam M., Mohd Su’ud M., Boursier P., Musa S. “k- Nearest Neighbor Algorithm for Improving Accuracy in Clutter Based Location Estimation of Wireless Nodes”. Malaysian Journal of Computer Science, Vol. 24, No. 3, 2011.
- Che Mustapha J., Boursier P., Mohd Su’ud M. “Analyzing the Ontology Approaches and the Formation of Open Ontology Model: A Step for Organisational Ontology Employment”. Fifth Int. Conf. on Advances in Semantic Processing (SEMAPRO 2011), 20-25 November 2011, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Wong S.M., Lafaye J.Y., Boursier P. “Developing PMIS for Business Projects based on Social Science Research Findings and Ontology Modelling”. IADIS Int. Conf. on Information Systems, Porto, Portugal, 18-20 March 2010.
- Kaur J., Yusof M., Boursier, P., Ogier, J-M. “Automated scientific document retrieval”. 2nd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), Singapore, 26-28 February 2010.
Scholarly Activities/ Industry Experience
- Expert at the French Ministry of Higher Education for the evaluation of universities and e-learning projects (2000-2002).
- Independent expert in the area of geographic information (1995-98) for both private and public institutions: Ministère de l'Agriculture, Service Hydrographique et Océanographique de la Marine (SHOM), Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens (RATP), ...
- Member of the French council on geographical information (CNIG, 1993-1999) as a scientific expert. President of the "Quality of Geographic Information" commission.
- Digital geographic information use in the area of transports: applications, actors, software, data (1994). Study conducted for the French Ministry of Equipment, Transports and Tourism.
- A posteriori assessment of remote sensing and computer aided cartography projects in Kenya and Malawi (1990). Study conducted for the French Ministry of Finances.
- Architecture of future image processing systems (1988). Study conducted for the French Space Agency (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales, CNES).
- GeoLib (1997-98), geographic software library developed in partnership with SILOGIC (Toulouse) with ANVAR funding.
- GeoWind (1993-97), cartographic software for wind energy assessment developed in partnership with La Compagnie du Vent for the French Energy Agency (Agence De l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie, ADEME). The software has been used for assessing the wind energy potential in French regions.
- HyperMap (1990), hypermedia touristic guide developed for GEODISC' 90, contest organised by Institut Géographique National (IGN).
- EuroMap (1989), electronic atlas of Europe, developed in collaboration with IGN France International, funded by the French Ministry of Industry and Research.
- ECHO (1983-84), health management information system developed for Centre Cardiologique du Nord (CCN, Paris).
- PRAO (1982), cartographic software developed for Institut Français de Recherche Scientifique en Coopération (ORSTOM, now IRD).
Awards & Honours
- Academic Palms, French Ministry of Higher Education (2003)
- 1st Class Professor, French Ministry of Higher Education (2003)
- Emeritus Professor, University of La Rochelle (2014)
- ACM, IEEE