|Dr Kandappan Balasubramanian
Ph.D in Management (Karpagam University, India)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Bharathiar University, India)
Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM) (Pondicherry University, India)
B.Sc. Catering Science & Hotel Management (Bharathiar University, India)
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Technology integration in the dining environment
- Apple education
- Quantitative research tools
- Technology Acceptance Model in the restaurant and hospitality education
- Restaurant Marketing
- Technology & Social Media in the Hospitality & Tourism
- Food and Beverage Service: Customer Acceptance Model
- Teaching & Learning Practices (ipadagogy)
- Hospitality and Tourism Education
Research Grants Awarded
- Co-researcher in the “Techno-pedagogical knowledge of lecturers in Taylor's University” TRGS (2017-2018)
- Joaquim Dias Soeiro, Balasubramanian Kandappan, Journal of Education and Social Science, Vol.4, June 2016 on “Confucians in the 21st Century Skill: An Educational study of the Readiness of the Students in Today’s Pegagogic Trends”. (ISSN 2289-9855)
- Balasubramanian, Kandappan; Balraj, Adalarasu; Kumar, jeetesh; Jaykumar “Customer Preference’s to Select a Restaurant Through Smart Phone Applications: An Exploratory Study, Advanced Science Letters, Volume 21, Number 5, May 2015, pp.1489-1493 (SCOPUS-Indexed)
- Jaykumar V; Balasubramanian, Kandappan; Kumar, jeetesh; Francis, Ruth Sabina; Sangaran, Gopinath “Hotel Career Perceptions of Final Year Hospitality Degree Students, Advanced Science Letters, Volume 21, Number 6, June 2015, pp.1956-1959 (SCOPUS-Indexed)
- Kandappan Balasubramanian, Dr. Adalarasu Balraj (2015). Customer Acceptance and Use of Smart Phone Apps (SPA) as a Marketing Mix Tool for the Restaurants: A Proposed Framework, International Journal of Managerial Studies and Research (IJMSR), Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2015, pp. 120-128 (ISSN 2349-0349)
- Kandappan Balasubramanian, V. Jaykumar, Leena Nitin Fukey, Thirugnanasambantham (2014). Service Praxis Using Tablet Personal Computer (iPad Apps) – A Proposed Framework, International Journal of Scientific Knowledge, Nov 2014, Vol.5, No. 6, pp20-28 (ISSN 2305-1493)
- Kandappan.B., Adalarasu Balraj (2013). A Proposed Framework on Paradigm Shift by using Tablet Personal Computer Apps in the Teaching and Learning Practices of the Hospitality Curriculum with reference to Food and Beverage Praxis: Journal Vidyawarta, Issue 03, Vol:02, pp.144- 147 (ISSN 2319 9318).
- V. Jaykumar, Leena Nitin Fukey, Kandappan Balasubramanian (2014). Sustainable and Dynamics “Tourism and Hospitality Curriculum” – An Analysis of Tourism Education in South India, International Journal of Management and Social Science Research Review, Vol.1, Issue 2, August 2014, pp. 41-45 (E-ISSN 2349-6746).
- V. Jaykumar, Leena Nitin Fukey, Kandappan Balasubramanian (2014). A Perception Study of Retail Format in Forum Mall by Teenagers and its Patronage in Bangalore, International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, Volume No. 5, Issue No.10, October 2014, pp. 6
- V. Jaykumar, Leena Nitin Fukey, Kandappan Balasubramanian (2014). Hotel Manager’s Perceptive of Managerial Competency among Graduating students of Hotel Management Programme, IJCMS, Volume 3, Issue 5, July 2014, pp. 23 – 42 (ISSN 2347-8527).
- Kandappan Balasubramanian, Joaquim Dias Soeiro and Anshul Garg " An exploratory study about students learning capabilities in today's pedagogic trends based on gender differences, Trends, Issues and Women in Hospitality and Tourism Industry, Editors: Dr. Vinay Rana., RET International Academic Publishing Dediyasan (Mehsana)
- KLiCELS 2016: Confucians in the 21st Century Skill: An Educational study of the Readiness of the Students in Today’s Pegagogic Trends
- TTLC 2016: An Exploratory Study on the Role of Blended Learning Practices to Achieve 21st Century Skills among Culinary Students at University in Malaysia.
- A Study on “Student Preference towards the use of Edmodo as a Learning Platform to Create Responsible Learning Environment” SciVersa ScienceDirect, Procedia Social and Behavioral Science, 1877-0428, Published by Elsevier Ltd. (Asia Euro Conference 2014, Malaysia).
- Malaysian Consumers’ Acceptance of Restaurant Marketing Mix Information through Smart Phone Applications: A Proposed Framework, COSTA 2015: The Second Conference on Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality in Asia, Japan (ISSN 2188-6903).
- The Motivation Factors Behind Malaysian Consumer Choice in Drinking Wine, COSTA 2015 Proceedings, The Second Conference on Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality in Asia, Japan (ISSN 2188-6903).
- Restaurant innovation in practice: An Exploratory study on “Customer acceptance and use of Smart Phone Apps (SPA) in the restaurant marketing mix, 12th Asia Pacific CHRIE (APacCHRIE): Breaking Barriers Shifting Gears, Malaysia, 21-24 May 2014 (ISBN 978-967- 0173-18-9).
- A Proposed Framework on “Customer Acceptance and use of Smart Phone Apps (SPA) as a Marketing Mix Tool for the Restaurants”, Proceedings of 4th Asia-Pacific Business Research Conference, September 2013, Singapore (ISBN 978-1-922069-31-3).
- Social Networking Sites(SNS): Edmodo as a Teaching practice to enhance Active and Blended Learning, International Conference on Learning and Teaching 2013, Malaysia, 28-29 June 2013
- A Proposed framework on paradigm shift by using Tablet personal computer apps in the teaching and learning practices of the Hospitality curriculum with reference to Food and Beverage praxis, 4th Asia Euro 2012 Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy Conference, Malaysia.
- Eco-friendly practices in the Hotel industry: Conference proceeding– Synergize green to gold, Edited Volume-II (ISBN: 978-81-908455-5- 7), pp.136-138. (2010)
- Internet Marketing solutions for the Tourism industry: Conference proceeding, International Conference on “Global Marketing Strategies and Practices”, India, 8-9 October 2010. (ISBN: 978-93-80530-17-8)
Scholarly Activities/Industry Experience
- Review Member in “Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management”.
- Editorial Member in August Publication, Malaysia.
- Professional talk on “Latest Technology used in the Hotel Industry”, Ramee Academy of Hotel Management, India (August 2015).
- Professional Talk on “Importance of research and publishing for Academic Enrichment”, Christ University, India, (January 2015).
- Professional talk on “Use of iPad to enhance professional skills”, Hindustan College of Arts & Science, India, (September 2013).
- Sharing session on “Supply Chain Management”, Krishna School of Management Studies, India, (January 2013).
- Professional talk on “Emerging Trends in the Hospitality Industry”, Ramee Academy of Hotel Management, India, (December 2012)
Awards & Honours
- Apple Distinguished Educator 2015. (International Award)
- EMAS Winner (University Award) for innovation in Teaching)
- IUCEL 2016 & NUCEL 2015 (International and National e-Learning Award in Teaching Innovation - Silver Medal in 2015 & 2016)
- Apple Foundation Trainer, 2014
- Advisory Board Member, ICMRP-2015, India
- TEAM (Tourism Educators Association of Malaysia), Since June 2013
- International Advisory Board Member in Research and Scientific Innovation Society 2015
- International Advisory Board Member in ICHT 2017 conference