|Dr. Sushila Devi Rajaratnam
School of Hospitality Management
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Economics (Business Administration, Hons.)
- Organizational Behaviour (current)
- Human Resource Management
- Principles of Management
- Strategic Management (in previous organization)
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Diversity Management
- HRM Practices in Hospitality Industry
Research Grants Awarded
- Re-defining and re-branding rural tourism in Malaysia (Sub-Project 3), under the LRGS Project-3, ‘Environmental Responsibility & Management Framework’. [Ref.JPT.S(BPKI)2000/09/01/015Jld.4(67)]. (February 2012 – February 2014)
Peer Reviewed Papers
- Rokhshad Tavakoli, Paolo Mura & Sushila Devi Rajaratnam (2017): Social capital in Malaysian homestays: exploring hosts’ social relations, Current Issues in Tourism, DOI:10.1080/13683500.2017.1310189 (SSCI, Scopus).
- Sushila Devi Rajaratnam, Vikneswaran Nair, Saeed Pahlevan Sharif & Uma Thevi Munikrishnan (2015),"Destination quality and tourists’ behavioural intentions: rural tourist destinations in Malaysia". Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, 7(5), 463 – 472. (Scopus).
- To cite this article: Vikneswaran Nair, Uma Thevi Munikrishnan, Sushila Devi Rajaratnam & Natalie King (2015) Redefining rural tourism in Malaysia: a conceptual perspective. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 20 (3), 314-337, DOI: 10.1080/10941665.2014.889026 (SSCI, Scopus).
- Tho, L. M. & Sushila Devi, R. (1997). Public perception and image of co-operatives in Malaysia. The World of Co-operative Enterprise 1997, 9-20. Oxford: Plunkett Foundation.
- Tho, L. M. & Sushila Devi, R. (1995). The governance of co-operatives in Malaysia: A focus on controls. The World of Co-operative Enterprise 1995, 65-71. Oxford: Plunkett Foundation.
- Uma Thevi Munikrishnan & Sushila Devi Rajaratnam. (2015). Rural tourism in Malaysia: tourists’ perception? In 21st Asia Pacific Tourism Association Conference Abstract Proceedings (pp.236-239). Korea.
- Pei Yi Beh & Sushila Devi Rajaratnam (2017). Corporate social responsibility: exploring SME owners’ understanding and practices. Asia-Pacific Journal of Innovation in Hospitality and Tourism, 6 (2) – publication in progress.
- Uma Thevi Munikrishnan, Sushila Devi Rajaratnam, Paolo Mura & Vikneswaran Nair (2015). Local residents' participation in rural tourism: the case of KOPEL in Kinabatangan, Sabah, Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Innovation in Hospitality & Tourism, 4(2), 181-201.
- Sushila Devi Rajaratnam, Uma Thevi Munikrishnan, Saeed Pahlevan Sharif & Vikneswaran Nair (2014). Service quality and previous experience as a moderator in determining tourists’ satisfaction with rural tourism destinations in Malaysia: a partial least squares approach, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 144 (20 August), 203 – 211.
- Sushila Devi, R. (2007). HRM practices and employee performance in co-operatives: Direct and indirect relationship. Malaysian Journal of Co-operative Management, 4, 32-49.
- Sushila Devi, R. (2007). Direct and indirect influence of HRM practices on employee performance and turnover intention. Malaysian Management Journal, 11(1&2), 25-45.
- Sushila Devi, R. (2005). Human resource management and organizational performance: A brief literature review and some implications for co-operatives in Malaysia. Malaysian Journal of Co-operative Management, 1, 11-22.
Scholarly Activities / Industry Experience
- Trainer & Head of Research Management& Publication (1982 -2010)
- Chief Editor (Malaysian Journal of Co-operative Management (2006 – 2010)
- External Examiner for PhD thesis from public university (2011)
- Internal Examiner for postgraduate theses and proposals (since 2011)
- Paper Reviewer for local and international journals & conferences (since 2011)
- Managing Editor, Asia-Pacific Journal of Innovation in Hospitality & Tourism (1 Oct 2011- 25 April 2012)
- Moderator /chairperson for conferences organized by Taylor’s University (since 2012)
- Guest Speaker, 10th Graduate Research Colloquium 2015 organized by Taylor’s University (5 November 2015)
Awards and Honours
- Excellent service for 2008 and 1993 (by previous employer).
- Merit service for 1996 and 1995 (by previous employer).
- Book Award for Public Speaking – Dale Carnagie Courses, Institute of Successful Leadership.
- Malaysian Government scholarships to pursue PhD and MBA.