KPT/JPS ( R/380/6/0007 ) ( MQA/FA 0204 ) 06 / 21
INTAKES : MARCH, AUGUST
The programme provides students with an in-depth understanding and appreciation of legal doctrines and concepts in the various areas of law. Through a combination of theoretical studies and practical exposure, students will be taught how to apply these into a variety of factual situations.
Study of Malaysian and English Law
- Students will learn both Malaysian and English Law, providing them with sound knowledge of the fundamentals of the legal system and practices in Malaysia.
Ready For Legal Practice
- Application of legal theories to real-life cases at the Taylor’s Legal Aid Centre, while also developing a sense of community awareness, under the guidance and supervision of lecturers.
- Compulsory Mooting exercises for first-year students hone their legal research and writing skills, as well as boost their confidence in public speaking and inculcate team spirit.
Learning from the Industry
- In-depth understanding and a real-life feel of the legal profession via industry visits to the Legal Aid Centre, Parliament, Palace of Justice, Attorney General’s Chambers, prisons and legal offices.
- Platforms for students to meet and engage with the country’s legal giants and gain valuable insights into the legal profession, through industry networking events.
- Exposure to specialised areas of law and the workings of the legal fraternity through the Law Speaker Series.
- 4-week compulsory internship programme to develop practical and relevant skills for future employment.
- Opportunity to carry out attachment at top law firms, the Bar Council’s Legal Aid Centres and other organisations, for students who excel in their studies.