|Dr Gul Muhammad Baloch
PhD, MPH, MBBS
- Public Health
- Behavioral Sciences
- Psychological Medicine
- Medical Sociology
- Health Psychology
- Gender and Health
- Qualitative Research
- Adolescent Health
- Member Adjunct Faculty, Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro (LUMHS), Sindh Pakistan for teaching & training of Masters of Public Health (MPH) Postgraduates.
- Approved Guide/Supervisor for Dissertation writing of MPH students of Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro Sindh Pakistan.
- Adjudication: Mr. Rajasekar Chimkode for the award of Ph.D., Degree in Pharmacy: “ Activity Guided Fractionation, Evaluation and Development of Wound Healing Poly Herbal Formulation” by Vinayaka Missions University, India.
- Member, Postgraduate and Research & Scholarly Activities Committee, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UCSI University (2007-2009)
- Reviewer for Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Heal
- “Change Maker” with Oxfam GB, Pakistan in “WE CAN” End Violence Against Women Campaign (2007-2011)
- 2010: Dr. Gul Muhammad Baloch, 2010“Violence against Women in Pakistan: Analysis of print media reports for 2008 in Sindh province of Pakistan, Research Paper accepted for publication in Journal of Ethnicity in Criminal Justice, Routledge, USA
- 2009: Dr. Gul Muhammad Baloch 2009. “Male Sex with Male: A Study of Commercial Sex Workers in Larkana, Pakistan, regarding their Knowledge about HIV/AIDS & STIs and Sexual Behavior”. Journal of US-China Medical Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 10, pp-13-24
- 2009: Research Paper presented at 13th International Symposium on Victimology, : “Violence Against Women in Pakistan”, organized by World Society of Victimology and Tokiwa University, August 23-28, Mito Japan
- 2009: Research Paper presented at “1st Annual International Graduate Research Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities”: Knowledge of Male Commercial Sex Workers (MSM) in Larkana Pakistan regarding HIV/AIDS and their Sexual Behavior, a 2-day conference ( 1-2 April ) by Mahidol University at Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2009: Dr. Gul Muhammad Baloch 2009. “Knowledge of the Jail Inmates of Central Prison, Larkana, Pakistan regarding HIV/AIDS & STIs”. Journal for the Advancement of Science and Arts (JASA) UCSI University Vol. 1, No. 1, pp-73-81
- 2008: Research paper presented at “ 40th APACPH Annual Conference”: Exploring the competencies and skills of Public Health professionals in Sindh province of Pakistan, a 3-day (7-9 November) conference by University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
- 2008- Research Paper presented at 2nd International Health & Medical Sciences Conference 18-20 June), USM Penang, Malaysia: “Knowledge of the Jail Inmates of Central Prison, Larkana, Pakistan regarding HIV/AIDS & STIs”
- 2008- Research Article, “Adolescence, Youth and Health Behavior”. published in Borneo Post, Malaysia (22nd May 2008)
- 2006- Independent research done on “Knowledge & Sexual risk behavior of Commercial Sex Workers (male-sex-with-male)” in Larkana, Pakistan (a project of Pakistan National AIDS Consortium /European Commission).
- 2005- “Situation analysis of the HIV/AIDS in Pakistan & in Larkana District”. Monograph for the Degree of Masters of Sociology
- 2005- Independent research done on “Exploring knowledge about HIV/AIDS and STIs of the Jail inmates of Central Prison, Larkana, Pakistan”. (a project of Pakistan National AIDS Consortium /European Commission)
- 2003-“Competencies and Skills of Public Health Professionals in Sindh Province.” Pakistan. Dissertation for MSc. Public Health
- Member American Public Health Association (APHA), USA
- Member World Society of Victimolgy, Netherlands
- Life Member Qualitative Research Association of Malaysia (QRAM), Malaysia
- Member Malaysian Association for Adolescent Health (MAAH), Malaysia
- Life Member of Population Association of Pakistan (L06-005), Pakistan
- Member Pakistan Medical Association, Pakistan