|Dr. Mohammad Jaweed
Lecturer and Clinical Specialist (Surgery/ Neurosurgery)
M-Med Surgery (University of Malaya)
MD. (Kabul Medical University)
- General Surgery
- Neurosurgery (General)
- Spine and spinal cord pathology
- Deep Brain Stimulation(DBS
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Spine and Spinal cord injuries.
- Intracranial Pressure (ICP) monitoring device
- Design of smart mattress for spinal cord injured patient. (innovative concept)
- Blue versus White light image guided resection of malignant gliomas using 5 aminolevulinic acid (5ALA). 7-year of experience at a Single Institution (Observational study).
Peer Reviewed Papers
- Mahinda HAM, Murty OP, Iyenger KR, Jaweed Mohammad. Superior Mesenteric Artery Aneurysm Rupture in Duodenum- A cases report. Int J. Med. Tox. & Legal Medicine, 2006; 8(2):25-29
- Ramanujam T.M., Jaweed Mohammad, Wong s.s, Khogali Mohammad, Srihari S. Laparoscopic Removal of left Adrenal Tumour. 19 Congress of Asian Association of Paediatric Surgeons, 28 Nov-1 Dec 2004, Hong Kong. Asian J. of Surgery, Vol 28 (Supplement 1l). Jan 2005, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 50
- V Waran, NFA Bahuri, V Narayanan, M Jaweed, BJJ Abdullah, D Ganesan. 2012. The use of an expandable endoscopic port with electromagnetic navigation for treating intraventricular lesions in neonates and infants. Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery (ISI-Cited Publication)
- Mohammad Jaweed MD1, Boon Seng Liew2, Teak Sheng Gee2, Azmin Kass Rosman2, Saiful Azli2, 1School of Medicine Taylors University, Lakeside Campus No.1 Jalan Taylor’s, 47500 Subang, Kulalumpur, Malaysia, 2Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia, Variant of treatment approach between adult and pediatric populations following Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) . Journal Brain Injury supplemental issue of IBIA’s. Tenth World Congress on Brain Injury, San Francisco, California, USA
- Liew boon seng1, Mohammad Jaweed2, Gee Teak Sheng1, Azmin Kass Rosman1, Johari Siregar Adnan3 1Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Sungai Buloh, Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia, 2Taylors University Clinical School, Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia, 3Department of Nurosurgery, Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia. The Relationship between The Usage of Mannitol and Hypertonic Saline with Targeted Serum Sodium Level in Neuro-trauma: From the Neurosurgeons’ Perspective Journal Brain Injury supplemental issue of IBIA’s. Tenth World Congress on Brain Injury, San Francisco, California, USA
- Liew Boon Seng1, Mohammad Jaweed2, Gee Teak Sheng1, Azmin Kass Rosman1, Johari Siregar Adnan3 1Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia,2School of Medicine Taylors University Lakeside Campus Subang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 3Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Sultanah Aminah,Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia, Cranial bone preservation following craniectomy: Current variations in Practice among neurosurgeons. E-poster, 10th Asian Congress of neurological surgeons, Astana-Kazakhstan, September 2014
- Initial stage (Bedside Neurological examination made easy)
- Oral presentation, XV WFNS World Congress of Neurosurgeon, Seoul, Korea-2013/li>
- ORAL PRESENTION 9th ASIAN CONGRESS of NEUROLOGICAL SURGEONS TURKEY 2ND to 5TH September 2012
- Oral presentation, 10th Asian Congress of neurological surgeons (10th ACNS), Astana Kazakhstan, 09-12 September 2014
- Poster presentation, 11th Asian Congress of neurological surgeons, Surabaya-Indonesia, 09-13 February 2016.
- Mohammad Jaweed1, D.Ganesan. Survey of the management of certain neurosurgical conditions among Asian neurosurgeons, ORAL PRESENTION 9th ASIAN CONGRESS of NEUROLOGICAL SURGEONS TURKEY 2ND to 5TH September 2012
- Mohammad Jaweed1, D. Ganesan, Acute Spontaneous Cervical Spinal Epidural Haematoma A Very Rare Presentation during Sleep. E-poster, XV WFNS World Congress of Neurosurgeon, Seoul, Korea-2013
- Liew Boon Seng1, Rosman Azmin Kass1, Adnan Johari Siregar2, Mohammad Jaweed3 1Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia ,2Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Sultana Aminah, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia,3School of Medicine Taylors University, Lakeside Campus Subang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Utilization of radiation therapy for neurosurgical cases: Comparison between neurosurgical centres with and without dedicated neuro-radiation facilities. E-poster, 10th Asian Congress of neurological surgeons, Astana-Kazakhstan, 09-12 September 2014.
- 2017-2017 – Clinical Observer fellow at Dept. of Neurosurgery, Saint Louis University Hospital, Missouri, USA
- 2015-2015 - AOSpine Fellow at Royal Adelaide Hospital, Spinal Unit, Dept. of Orthopedic South Australia
Awards & Honours
- AOSpine scholarship winner 2015
- AOSPINE member, membership No: 665043
- North American Spine Society (NASS) member, membership No: INV-104115-C7G9S6
- Brain Research Institute Monash Sunway(BRIMS), membership No: NMS 97
- Membership Walter E. Dandy Neurosurgical Society membership.