|Assoc Prof Dr Nurjahan binti Md Ibrahim
Associate Professor in Family Medicine
Director of Campus
FRACGP [Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners]
FAFPM [Fellow of the Malaysian Academy of Family Physicians]
M.D. [USM] University Sains Malaysia)
- Primary Health Care
- Chronic disease in family practice
- Acute disease in family practice
- Medical education
- Acute and Chronic Diseases
- Preventive health care
- Medical Education
Research Grants Awarded
- Navigator Study - A multinational, randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, force-titration, 2X2 factorial design study of the efficacy and safety of long term administration of nateglinide and valsartan in the prevention of diabetes and cardiovascular outcomes in subjects with impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) (Principle Investigator).
- Linagliptine Study - A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 3 parallel group efficacy and safety study of linagliptin 2.5 mg twice daily versus 5 mg once daily over 12 weeks as add-on therapy to a twice daily dosing regimen of metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and insufficient glycaemic control. (Principle Investigator).
Peer Reviewed Papers
- Nurjahan MI , Penny T Rash in a Foreign Worker Malaysian Family Physician 2016; Volume 11, Number 2
- Penny T, Nurjahan MI Unilateral epiphora in an adolescent Malaysian Family Physician 2014
- S C Reddy, Y M Khin, M I Nurjahan, A Ramli. Retinopathy in type 2 diabetic patients with microalbuminuria. Nepal J Ophthalmology 2013; 5: January 2013
- Sharifah Sulaiha SA, Nurjahan MI, Nagarajah Lee Enhancing students’ communication skill through task -based learning during clinical phase: students’ perception at a Malaysian Medical School. Original Article. IMU International e-Journal of Science, Medicine & Education) IeJSME 2009 3(1): 8-12
- Nurjahan MI Self-directed learning: what it is, and how to promote it Malaysian Family Physician 2008; 3(1)
- Zoraini Wati Abas, Nurjahan MI et al Faculty Perception on Online Learning in a Medical School in Malaysia. Journal of Institutional Research SEA Vol.2 No. 2 June 2004 54-65– Full Paper (electronic publication)
- Teng CL, Nurjahan MI, et al Upper Respiratory Tract Infections: To what extent is the management evidence-based? Med J Malaysia 2003 Vol 58(2): 159-166.
- Nurjahan MI, Lim TA, et al J Utilization of Information Technology in Medical Education- A Questionnaire Survey of students in a Malaysian Institution Med J Malaysia Dec 2002; 57 Suppl E: 58-66.
- Nurjahan MI, Lim TA, et al Computer literacy in medical students Medical Education 34 (11) , 966–966.
- Nurjahan MI, Teng CL, et al Are Type 2 Diabetics receiving quality primary health care? An audit in a large primary care clinic in Malaysia. Asia- Pacific Journal of Public Health. April 2002 (Special Issue).
- Nurjahan MI. Domestic Violence. Practical Management of Women's Primary Health Care Problems in Malaysia. International Medical University Malaysia, 2005: 95-99.
- Loh KY, Yong R, Kwa SK, Nurjahan MI (eds). Practical Management of Women's Primary Health Care Problems in Malaysia. International Medical University Malaysia, 2005.
- Loh KY, Nurjahan MI et al OSCE Standard Setting by Borderline Regression Method in Taylor’s Clinical School. Taylor’s 8th Teaching and Learning Conference Proceedings. Theme: Assessments for Learning within and beyond the classroom. June 2015 http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-981-10-0908-2_5
- Loh KY, Nurjahan MI et al End-of-Semester Objective Structure Clinical Examination in the Taylor’s University School of Medicine: Review of Overall Reliability and the Domains Assessed. Taylor’s 7th Teaching and Learning Conference Proceedings. 2014 http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-287-399-6_19
Preventive Health Care: Publications in Bahasa Malaysia in a health magazine titled “Herba dan Perubatan” (Herbs and Health) :
- Getting to know your family doctor. Issue 4/2004.
- Premarital Health Care. Issue 5/2004.
- The Asian Tsunami: Health effects. Part 1 Issue 6/2005.
- The Asian Tsunami: Prevention of Disease. Part 2 Issue 7/2005.
Scholarly Activities/Industry Experience
- Curriculum Project Leader to develop the Clinical School Study Guides, International Medical University
- Head, Department of Family Medicine, International Medical University
- Censor-in-Chief of the Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia (AFPM)
- Visiting Professor and Research Fellow in Medical Education at the International Research Center for Medical Education (IRCME), University of Tokyo, Japan. 2009.
- Organising Chair, Medical Academies of Malaysia Appreciation Dinner Meeting 2017
- Examiner, Board of Examiners of the Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia
Awards & Honours
- President of the Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia ( 2016-2017)
- Member of the “Quality Life Care” committee for Persons with Disability – elected by the Director General of Health, Malaysia (2017 -2019)
- Member of the Malaysian Patient Safety Council – elected by the Director General of Health, Malaysia (2017 -2018)