|Dr Rekha Prabhu
MBBS Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka
MD (Physiology) Manipal University Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka
Areas of Interest in teaching
- Cardiovascular and Renal Physiology
Areas of Interest in research
- Auditory and visual reaction time
- High frequency audiometric notch(HFAN)
- Item analysis of multiple choice type of questions
- Online formative quizzes to enhance student learning in medical education
- Life member of Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India (APPI), since 2007
- Editorial board member, IRJIPS, 2014
- Member of Malaysian society of Pharmacology and Physiology 2016
- "A Lecture in Medical Physiology-PowerPoint versus Chalkboard".Vol 8, no.1, 2014, SEAJME ( South-East Asian Journal of Medical Education)
- “Knowledge of human papillomavirus, HPV vaccine & Willingness for vaccination among medical students in a Medical school of Malaysia”. IRJIPS (International Research Journal for Inventions in Pharmaceutical Sciences) January 2014, vol 2 Issue 1
- Acute effects of deep Breathing for a short duration (2 -10 minutes) on pulmonary functions in healthy young volunteers". IJPP (Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology), April 2011 issue, Volume 55, issue 2.
- Orthostatic hypotension in healthy elderly: Is it a myth? North American Journal of Medical Sciences 2010 September, Volume 2. No. 9.
- “Hypotonic Preconditioning reduces Nystatin induced haemolysis”, at APPICON 2007 held at Vishakhapatnam.
- “Effect of sodium nitro prusside on the post caval vein of the frog” at APPICON 2009 at U. P. Rural Institute of medical Science and Research, Saifai, UP.
- “Effect of caffeine on the post caval vein of the frog “at 24th scientific meeting of the Malaysian Society of Pharmacology and Physiology held at SAAC Convention centre, Shah Alam, Malaysia.
- “Prevalence and significance of high frequency audiometric notch in normal healthy young volunteers aged 20 to 25 years” at APPICON 2011 held at AIIMS, New Delhi INDIA.
- “Analysis of Difficulty and discrimination indices in multiple True/False type of questions in an integrated system Block in MBBS programme of a Malaysian medical school” at APPICON 2013 held at NIMHANS, Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA.
- 6. “ABO and Rh (D) blood group screening among medical students- A study from a medical college in Malaysia” at 30th Scientific meeting of the Malaysian Society of Pharmacology and Physiology held at Putrajaya Shangri-La Hotel Malaysia on 15th and 16th August 2016
- 7. “Evaluation of Incorporation of Multi-Media Tools in Learning Environment of Problem Based Learning in Preclinical MBBS Program at TTLC 12th -13th November 2016