Date: 7 - 9 August 2017 (Monday to Wednesday)
Venue: Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus
In recent years, foods are not intended only to satisfy hunger and provide necessary nutrients for humans but also to prevent diet-related diseases and improve well-being of the consumers. There is an increasing demand for functional food by consumers to improve their living quality, making functional foods sustainable. This conference features leading researchers and industry representatives who will present the concepts, developments, consumer acceptances and marketing of functional food for health and wellness. In order to gain a new insight and to disseminate the latest developments in this rapidly expanding field, join us and grab this golden opportunity to meet the food researchers and industries at this conference.
The conference will focus on a broad range of topics related to functional food and the organisers invite papers, abstracts and presentation proposals relevant to the theme of the conference “Functional Food: Taking Invention and Innovation from Concepts to Marketplace”. Papers are also invited in the sub-themes of:
- Functional Food ingredients and bioactive compounds
- Functional Food in relation to non-communicable diseases
- Technologies for characterization and development of functional food
- Safety, regulation and market studies of functional food
- To provide concepts for planning and developing innovative health products.
- To enhance understanding of marketing and positioning of the functional food products through sensory sciences
- To provide updates on legislation, safety and commercialization issues of functional foods.
Who Should Attend:
- Food scientists, food technologists, nutritionists, dietitians, consumer scientists
- Product developers and regulators from industry
- Academia and government involved in health, innovation, safety and quality of functional foods
For further information, please visit here.