Various industry advisory panels are established by each school to provide a link with external representatives, with the following objectives:
- to advise on the relevance of the curriculum to industry needs;
- to discuss any critical issues and challenges related to the discipline or education of the discipline;
- to facilitate industry attachments or placements to expose students to industry practices and to gain practical experience;
- to establish links that facilitate and enhance the employability of the graduates;
- to link the School to national and international industry or professional bodies; and
- to establish links that may facilitate research collaboration.