The e-Learning Academy (eLA) is established with the specific mandate to drive and support the implementation of blended learning at Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus. The name ‘academy’ reflects its core purpose as the unit which promotes ‘learning how to teach with technology’. eLA’s aims to assist our lecturers in integrating the use of technology into teaching and learning effectively, hence empowering students in their learning experience.
At Taylor’s University, we adopt the term ‘blended learning’ as a principal means of addressing the use of technology combined with the best features of face to face interaction to enhance its learning and teaching activities. For the past three years, Taylor’s University has embarked on an ambitious journey to re-define student learning for better academic outcomes. Taylor’s University is at the forefront of blended learning, so that by 2016, every student at Taylor’s University will learn in a collaborative, self-directed and personalized manner anytime and anywhere.
- Integrate the use of technology onto curricular goals and learning outcomes
- Develop staff capabilities in the use of blended learning
- Establish effective governance that drives and sustains e-learning
- Extend University’s quality assurance framework to support blended learning
- Establish reliable infrastructure and timely support services
- Provision of optimal learning spaces