The Taylor's University Human Ethics Committee (TUHEC) undertakes ethics review of all research involving human participants including funded and unfunded research which is non-medical.
The TUHEC examines the ethics components of the research such as, sound methodology, possible risks to the subjects, recruitment of subjects, consent from the subjects, confidentiality or anonymity for the subjects, the way in which the data is handled, and how feedback can be provided for the subjects.
Human ethics approval is required for all research conducted with or about people, or their data or tissue. The purpose of ethics review is to facilitate research that fulfils the principles of human research ethics – research merit and integrity, justice, beneficence and respect.
CLICK HERE to download the TUHEC forms and policy directly through TU Connect.
(TU Connect > Policies, Procedures & Documents > Taylor's University > Postgraduate & Research > Research and Development > Human Ethics Policy)
Please obtain the forms and policy from your supervisor.
It is important that all students discuss and review their ethics application carefully with their supervisors PRIOR to submitting it to TUHEC.
Where relevant, arrangements with Schools for batch processing of UG project HEC applications will proceed as previously agreed as below. (HoS to advise timeline to respective schools)
1. All the application forms should be computer types. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
2. Please make sure that your submission is complete folllowing checklist (where relevant):
3. Applicants are also required to submit a PDF copy of their application to TUHEC email at email@example.com
4. Please save the completed Application form, Model Patient Information Sheet, Model Consent Form, Questionnaire/ Interview guide and Brief research proposal in ONE PDF File. To do so, kindly follow these simple steps:
5. Ethical review can take up to 3 months, so it is important that you plan your research accordingly and submit your application in good time. Therefore please submit your application 3 months prior to starting your research.
6. Given the increasing number of applications anticipanted, we will process applications twice a month as per schedule.
7. Please note that the submission of application (hardcopy) schedule for year 2019 application will be as follow:
8. Kindly submit the hardcopy to Research and Enterprise Department and please follow the submission schedule accordingly)
9. Following the review of your application, the applicant should address all comments by the evaluation panel.
Human Ethics Committee, Taylor's University
Office Address: Research & Enterprise, Level 2A, Block E, Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus,
No 1, Jalan Taylor’s, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Contact Person: Ms Aida
Tel: 03-5629 5000 (ext: 5586)