You will need to fulfill one of the below
- Obtain a master's degree in the field or related fields accepted by the HEP Senate
- Obtain other qualifications equivalent to a master's degree recognised by the Government of Malaysia
Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP
In addition to the above criteria, those who want to join Doctoral Degree by Retrospective or Prior Publication mode must include the below to the formal application:
- Minimum of 5 publications in alignment with the theme of the specialisation;
- An executive summary of the above publications establishing
- The theme that connects the published works to be submitted (up to 1,000 words);
- Contribution to knowledge in the field of the proposed area of study (up to 1,000 words)
- A list of scholarly published work;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
For international candidates, evidence of English Language Proficiency as determined by the intake standards approved by the Senate
A Selection Committee must be established to review the formal application for PhD by Retrospective or Prior Publication and recommend to the Senate to obtain approval.
Criteria for published works
- Published work must encompass high-quality journals, monographs, books, research-based chapters in books, electronic publications which have not been used to obtain other awards or deemed a part of those awards.
- The publications must be published within a period not exceeding ten (10) years from the date of submission.
- For the five (5) nominated publications, the candidate must be the principal author with the contributions of others clearly defined.